Electrical Rewiring in Aberdeen
We know that the thought of rewiring your home or business premises may be off putting to you. It can be a messy job and takes time to complete. However you can be assured that our electricians will work hard to get your property rewired as quickly as possible so that we can keep any inconvenience to a minimum. Aberdeen Electricians Ltd are also NICEIC Approved Contractors so you can be confident that all our work will be extemely professional and will meet all current regulations and standards.
When should I think about rewiring or partially rewiring my property?
- If it has not been rewired for 25-30 years a full rewire should be carried out
- If you are extending your property and adding an extra loft space or downstairs living space. All new areas will need to conform to the latest standards and existing wiring may need to be improved to enable it to carry the additional load safely.
- A room requiring extra sockets or new double sockets, may require a partial rewire
What’s involved in a full rewire?
- For each circuit, all the old wiring and fittings are completely removed
- New cables are then fed through to where the new sockets, switches and light fittings will be situated. This may involve lifting carpets and floorboards if there is no crawl space.
- The walls are then ‘raggled’ to make channels for the cables to reach sockets and switches. The cables are placed in the channels and then the channels are plastered over to make the walls flush.
- Sockets, switches and light fittings are then fitted as required.
- The wires are connected up to the consumer unit and full testing of the circuits is then carried out.
A full rewire can take a number of days to complete, depending on the size of the property and the number of sockets, fittings etc. At Aberdeen Electricians we know that not everyone can go on holiday while this work is being carried out, so we ensure that we will tidy up at the end of every day. We will also never leave you overnight in your home without access to power.
If you would like more information or a quote for rewiring your home or premises in Aberdeen please get in touch.